Tuesday 31st August at 10.00am
Our 1 day Oxygen Administration and Anaphylaxis training enables users to administer oxygen safely and effectively for casualties with breathing difficulties. Delegates will learn how and when to administer oxygen to a casualty and the safety concerns with carrying, storing, and administering it. The course is suitable for qualified First Aiders, Emergency First Aiders, dental practitioners and dental care professionals, nurses, healthcare professionals, and others working in an environment where oxygen is available for casualty welfare.
Immediate Management of Anaphylaxis
An Anaphylactic shock, or anaphylaxis, is a life-threatening, serious allergic reaction to an allergen such as food substances or insect stings. If it is not treated appropriately, it may cause death. The course is made up of practical and theoretical sessions delivered by our instructors.
This Level 3 emergency oxygen courses carries a certification valid for three years. To renew the qualification, learners will need to retake the full course. However, it is recommended that during the 3-year period, the learners attend annual refresher courses.
- Safety Assessment
- Use of protective Barriers
- How the Respiratory system works
- Causes of Hypoxia
- Illnesses that can cause lack of Oxygen
- Injuries that can cause lack of Oxygen
- Administrating Oxygen (high flow and low flow)
- Assembly and Disassembly of an Emergency Oxygen System
- Using an Oxygen Oximeter
- Using Oxygen
- Demand Inhalator Valve Use for a Breathing casualty
- Pocket Mask Use with Oxygen for Nonbreathing casualty
- Anaphylaxis and Oxygen Use
- Safety Considerations when using Emergency Oxygen Equipment
- Maintaining Emergency Oxygen Equipment
A range of methods are used, including, practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
5-6 people per class
£115+VAT per person, including student manual, all training materials and international certification.
All our equipment is carefully sterilised and each student will use individual equipment to reduce the risk of Coronavirus transmission. Training is delivered in a big seminar room on small groups for your safety.
- 1 day Oxygen Administration and Anaphylaxis
August 31, 2021
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Britannia House, Caerphilly
Just 5 minutes walk from Caerphilly Railway Station, Caerphilly Business Park is just off Van Road. We have full training facilities for groups large or small. During week days there is also a full restaurant service available.