Airborne Pathogens at Workplace (PPE) Certified Training Duration – 4-5 hoursTime: 10am – 3pmCost –…
First Aid at Work Training
- Duration – 3 Days
- Time: 10am – 5.30pm
- Cost – £195+VAT per person
- Next available date: 07th December 2020
- Location: Caerphilly Business Park
- BOOK HERE
Upcoming Course Dates
- January 13th,14th and 15th, 2021, 10:00am-5:00pm
- February 8th,09th and 10th, 2021, 10:00am – 5:00pm
- March 15th,16th and 17th, 2021, 10:00am-5:00pm
Our 3 day emergency first aid at work (FAW) training is designed for people who are responsible for safety in the workplace or who require a deeper understanding of first aid risks and provides more time for practical skill development . Following HSE guidelines, this course will teach you about the duties of the first aider at the workplace and how to implement safety processes in your work environment. You will be learn about HSE regulations and safety bodies such as COSHH and RIDDOR.
Qualifying as a First Aider in the workplace, you’ll learn about:
- First aid regulations
- Record keeping and reporting
- First aid kit selection
- The duties of a First Aider
- Employee and employer health and safety responsibility
- Helping Others in Need
- Emotional Aspects of Being an Emergency Responder
- Keeping Your Skills Refreshed
- Leading a Healthy Lifestyle
- Recognising Life-Threatening Problems
- Moving and Transporting Casualties
Specific first aid skills that you will study and practice:
- Scene Assessment
- Use of Barriers
- Primary Assessment of a casualty
- How to perform Chest Compressions
- Combining Chest Compressions With Rescue Breathing
- How to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Dealing with Serious Bleeding
- Dealing with Shock
- Dealing with Spinal Injuries
- Helping a Conscious Choking Adult
Secondary care skills you will also practice:
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- Splinting for Dislocations and Fractures
The 3 day emergency First Aid at Work course (FAW) provides enough time for your instructor to personalise some content to your work environment.
Trained First Aiders are recommended to attend annual refresher training but must renew their certification at least every 2 years.
This instructor led first aid course runs for up to 8 hours for 3 days. You will be provided with ample time for in-depth practical sessions to give you confidence to act quickly and responsibly in an emergency situation. During the 3rd day you will be evaluated on your performance in responding to multiple simulated accident scenarios. Students are provided with a high quality participant manual and receive assessment throughout the course before being awarded certification. Emergency First Response is an international organisation providing following guidelines that follow the same priority of care as medical professionals.
Why choose Emergency First Response First Aid at Work?
The Emergency First Response (EFR) Emergency First Aid at work course follows the latest 2015 CPR guidelines listed in the European Resuscitation Guidelines updated every 5 years.
Are there any prerequisites?
- No prior first aid qualification required
- No minimum age limit
- It takes approximately 8 hours depending on prior knowledge and size of group
- Participant Pack and training materials are included in the course price